JCB mini excavators has received a 2018 Innovative Iron Award from Compact Equipment magazine this month. The award commented that JCB’a zero tailswing excavators were “more durable, require less maintenance and are safer to use than comparable 1- to 2-ton compacts” and are “rental ready”. Compact Equipment is a leading trade publication for the small, tool-carrying construction machinery markets.
The range of JCB mini-excavators available at Agriquip include defining features like:
- All-steel bodywork for maximum impact protection.
- Rental-ready, durable design with protection for hydraulic rams and hoses.
- 500-hour greasing intervals to minimize operator burden and reduce downtime.
- Swing-out counterweight to provide full access to the engine bay; separate service access door to perform daily checks.
- Integrated tie-down points to aid transportation without damaging the tracks.
- Two-year/2,000-hour warranty.
The Agriquip team agrees with Ashby Graham, general manager of Product at JCB (North America): “JCB…mini excavators are designed to keep operators and others safe, to deliver plenty of usable power and reduce operating and ownership costs” said Graham. He added that “Mini excavators are the workhorses of many rental and construction operations,
Safety and comfort built in JCB mini excavators are among the most comfortable and safest on the market. The cab and canopy structures provide more interior space—with more leg and shoulder room—and are ROPS (rollover protection system)-compliant.
An improved seating position contributes to better all-round visibility. The award was first announced in Compact Equipment magazine which has a readership that includes construction and landscape professionals, contractors, machine operators, equipment owners, fleet managers and rental houses.