Features & Specifications
- Front Quik-Tatch™ hitch makes changing front implements quick and easy
- All front implements (blade, brooms, and snow blowers) use a common hitch
- AutoConnect™ mid-mount mower decks, D120 and H120 Loaders, and 260 Backhoe can be taken on or off within 5 minutes, and no tools are necessary
- Changing rear implements is a snap with the iMatchTM Quick-Hitch, which has three fixed points to back in and pick up a rear implement that is iMatch compatible
- Rotary cutters and tillers can be installed in no time without leaving the seat of the tractor with the iMatch™ AutoHitch™ system
- The under-hood gas-lift support provides easy one-finger access to the engine compartment and eliminates the need for a mechanical prop rod.
- This design of the support structure provides excellent rigidity for the hood.
- All 1 Family Tractors include factory-installed mechanical deck lift components.
- The addition of these components from the factory reduces the time required to do the initial mid-mount mower deck installation at the time of purchase.
- Refer to the mowers and material collection page for more details on mower deck installation and compatibility.
One of the greatest customer concerns involves difficulty in attaching tractor implements. John Deere has addressed this issue with the iMatch Quick-Hitch.
The iMatch Quick-Hitch provides easy hookup and a guaranteed fit for all Category 1 implements that are designed to meet the ASABE Category 1 Standard S278.6 for quick-attach hitches.
- All implements require a set of bushings in order for the attachment to fit and work properly with the iMatch Quick-Hitch. One set of bushings comes with the iMatch Quick-Hitch.
NOTE: The bushing set can be seen in the picture above. These bushings allow the hooks on the iMatch and the pins on the implement to fit together properly. All other implements (box blades, tillers, rear blades, etc.) will require a set of bushings to enlarge the pin to fit with the iMatch hooks. Bushings of different lengths can be found in the parts system or through a bushing supplier (see dimensions below).
- Upper bushing
- Inside diameter: 1.93-1.95 cm (0.76-0.77 in.)
- Outside diameter: 3.15-3.18 cm (1.24-1.25 in.)
- Lower bushings
- Inside diameter: 2.24-2.26 cm (0.88 to 0.89 in.)
- Outside diameter: 3.63-3.66 cm (1.43 to 1.44 in.)
Both 4WD and power steering are standard equipment on the 1023E. This combination allows for excellent maneuverability and ease of operation of the tractor.
- Narrow overall width allows the 1023E to work in tight areas where most compact tractors just can’t fit, yet the 144.8 cm (57-in.) wheel base and 119.4 cm (47-in.) overall width gives great stability for all type of terrains.
- Power steering requires less effort than manual steering; especially valuable when mowing around obstacles or when the tractor is used with a front loader.
- High horsepower-to-weight ratio makes the 1023E a good choice for a variety of tasks; overall tractor weight reduces ground compaction and makes the 1023E an excellent mowing tractor.
- The power take-off (PTO) on the 1023E is fully independent PTO, allowing engaging and disengaging of the PTO without stopping tractor movement. This is important when driving across obstacles such as driveways while mowing.
|Engine Power||16.5 kW (22.4 hp)|
|Std. Transmission; Forward/Reverse||Hydrostatic – 2 range|
|Rear Hitch Lift Capacity||525 kg|
|PTO||13.4 kW (18 hp)|