John Deere 3036E
Compact Utility Tractor
You’ve never seen standard like this before
Some rules were made to be broken. When we designed the 3036E Compact Utility Tractor, we stretched the boundaries for what a standard tractor could be. We’ve added high-end features like a hydrostatic transmission, a powerful engine, 4-Wheel Drive and an ergonomic operator station. When you put all this together you won’t find better value.
Features & Specifications
An uncluttered design gives operators of all sizes plenty of room to be comfortable. Color-coded controls are located on either side of the operator.
- HST and brake pedals are designed and located for maximum comfort and ease of use.
- Contoured, comfortable seat enhances operator comfort.
- Seat position adjusts fore and aft.
- Seat flips forward for protection from the elements.
- Flat operator platform provides for easy entry to/exit from the tractor.
- Standard foldable Roll-Gard™ rollover protective structure (ROPS) and retractable seat belt increase operator safety.
Operator presence system:
- If the operator leaves the seat when the tractor is in gear, the engine shuts down.
- If the operator leaves the seat when the power take-off (PTO) is engaged, the engine shuts down.
- The left-side step allows for easy access on and off the tractor.
- Foot platform has a non-skid surface for sure footing.
The thick, soft padding on this seat provides a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Seat flips forward for protection from the elements.
- Adjustable using the fore and aft lever located under the seat, the seat slides on ramped rails to provide comfortable access to all controls.
Easy-to-read instrument panel includes the following:
- Low oil pressure indicator light
- Battery discharge indicator light
- PTO engagement indicator light
- Signal/hazard lamp indicator lights
- Multi-function liquid crystal display (LCD) display (hours, filter cleaning information, etc.)
- Filter cleaning status indicator light
The 3E Series Tractor comes standard with a fuel gauge that is easy to read from the operator’s station, to ensure operators do not run out of fuel.
Operator presence switch (OPS) in seat:
- OPS requires the operator to be in the seat to operate the transmission or PTO.
ROPS is designed to meet or exceed SAE J 2194 safety standards.
- Reflective ROPS strips for better tractor visibility.
- Seat belts are in base equipment on all John Deere compact utility tractors.
- Key switch interlock prevents bypass starting.
- Visual PTO warning light on the instrument panel alerts the operator when the PTO is running.
- Turn signal and flashing warning lights operate according to ASAE standards.
- Automotive hand-style park brake for easy on/off.
- Instrument panel has an indicator light for the park brake.
2-POST FOLDABLE ROLL-GARD ROPS
The 3E Series Tractor is equipped with Roll-Gard ROPS. These foldable ROPS meet the SAE J 2194
standards for compact utility tractors.
- Overall height is 2322 mm (82.9 in.) (R3 tire), 2302 mm (82.3 in.) (R4 tires), and 2350 mm (83.3 in.) (R1 tires), which allows producers to get their tractor into a garage with a standard 2,13 m (7-ft) garage door or lower if ROPS is folded down.
NOTE: The use of seat belts is recommended at all times when operating the 3E Series Tractor with folding ROPS.
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of the tractor.
- Easy access to most regular service points minimizes service time.
- Easily removable cowl and side panels, improved hood design, and integrated maintenance position on grill provide easy accessibility for routine maintenance.
- Tractors are equipped with extensive onboard self-diagnostic capabilities and are fully compatible with the John Deere-exclusive Service ADVISOR™ system.
- Daily service requirements are minimal and simple to accomplish. Most service interval requirements can be performed with a basic understanding of procedures and common tools.
- All items in the daily service schedule can be performed without the use of tools:
- Engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant level, and the water separator can be conveniently accessed
- The engine can be easily accessed by simply raising the hood for more periodic maintenance checks
- A single-point latch mechanism and self-contained leash ensure easy hood opening and closure.
NOTE: Always refer to the operator’s manual for complete maintenance and service recommendations.
The 3E Series Tractors can be equipped with a field-installed rear hydraulic remote kit, providing two additional hydraulic spools on the back of the tractor. This kit can be field installed on a tractor with or without a loader.
The functions are completely separate from the loader. These rear remotes can be hooked up to a wide variety of implements and attachments such as follows:
- Hydraulically angled blade
- Dump trailer
- Hydraulically controlled chute/spout on a 3-point hitch-mounted snow blower
- Hydraulic scarifiers on a box blade
- Many other hydraulic rear attachments
This versatile kit gives 3E Series Tractor operators the options they desire for putting their tractors into a wide range of tasks.
The first spool is equipped with a float position, giving the operator the ability to contour the landscape and improve the final grade with certain implements.
NOTE: Neither of the spools in this kit is equipped with a detent position; therefore, they should not be hooked up to anything with a motor, as the valve was not designed to be run open. It is designed for momentary, on-demand hydraulic flow such as moving a cylinder.
The approximate installation time is 1 hour to 1.5 hours.
The 3036E Tractor is available with a two-range HST incorporated in a die-cast aluminum transmission case. Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels via a closed-loop pump and motor arrangement. Infinite ground speeds allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job.
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch™ foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life
Safety features of the HST transmission include:
- The tractor will only start with the range lever in neutral
- The engine will shut off if the operator leaves the seat unless the range lever is in neutral
- The engine will shut off if the operator leaves the seat and the PTO is engaged
TWIN TOUCH™ FOOT CONTROLS
Key John Deere advantage – John Deere’s Twin Touch foot controls offer several key advantages over competitive HST models tractors.
- Some competitive HST tractors use a treadle pedal (toe-heel) design foot control for operation of the HST
- Requires the operator to use both toe and heel to change direction, resulting in increased operator fatigue
- The Twin Touch configuration also makes it easier to “inch” tractors forward or rearward (i.e. when attaching to implements)
OPTIONAL CRUISE CONTROL
The 3E Series Tractor can be outfitted with an optional cruise control switch that is installed on the right-hand control console. This gives operators the ability to keep a constant speed when in transportation, field mowing, or other applications where extended use of the transmission is needed. This kit is very quick and easy to install for those who desire this feature.
INTEGRATED HYDROSTATIC PUMP AND MOTOR
- Sauer-Danfoss® provides the integrated pump and motor; this assures that the components are matched to each other, providing maximum efficiency
- Reduces powertrain shock loads
- Provides strength and durability needed for operating such attachments as loaders
- One reservoir (with one check point and fill point) for the transmission, differential, and hydraulic system speeds up daily maintenance
- Mechanically actuated by Twin Touch foot pedals allow selecting both directions of travel and speed with the touch of a toe
TRANSMISSION RESERVOIR FLUID CHECKPOINT
- Easy-to-reach transmission fluid dipstick allows for frequent checks of the transmission fluid level
TRANSMISSION FILL POINT
- Easy-to-reach transmission fill point (A) located on top of rear axles on the right-hand side.
INTEGRATED BRAKE AND DIFFERENTIAL LOCK PEDAL
- Foot-actuated differential lock is integrated into the brake pedal to simplify operator controls; the differential lock is included as base equipment to assist traction in tough spots
- Press the brake pedal down half way to engage the differential lock that locks the rear axle for improved traction in tough spots
Sauer-Danfoss is a trademark of Sauer-Danfoss Incorporated.
*Engine hp (kW)97/68/EC: 37 (27.3) @ 2600 rpm,
KEY FEATURES OF THE ENGINE ARE:
- Economical cast-in-block cylinder design for good cooling and long life
- Direct fuel injection
- Improves starting
- Injects fuel directly on top of pistons for more efficient combustion
- Develops more horsepower per gallon of fuel than indirect injection engines
- Aluminum alloy pistons are lightweight to reduce connecting rod bearing loads and provide good heat transfer characteristics
- Design permits tighter tolerances and neutralizes expansion of the piston, which reduces blow-by and noise from piston slap
- Top rings are higher on the piston and a thinner head gasket is used to greatly reduce the volume of unburned waste gases and increase combustion efficiency
- Timing gears and injector drive gears have a helical profile to reduce engine noise
- Auto-bleed fuel system
- There is no need to prime the system if the tractor runs out of fuel
- The system will self-prime the injection pump, lines and injectors, providing fast fuel recovery for easier starting
- High-capacity lubrication system provides filtered oil, under pressure, to all engine bearings for long life
- Key start and shutoff eliminates fuel shutoff knob
- Electric solenoid shuts fuel supply off immediately when key is turned off, which replaces the need to pull a fuel shutoff lever like many older tractors
- Fuel filter with replaceable element
- Water separator with additional replaceable filter element
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits operator to check coolant level without removing radiator cap
- Dry-type air cleaner with safety element
- Dual element design for added engine protection
- Easy to service
- Hood can be easily opened without tools for full access to the engine
- Easy access to the engine to check and fill points on the right-hand side of the tractor by removing the side panels.
Yanmar is a trademark of Yanmar Company Limited.
|Engine Power||27.3 kW (37 hp)|
|Lift capacity||615 kg (at 610 mm behind lift ends)|
|Hydraulic Flow||52.5 L/min|