John Deere 4049R
Compact Utility Tractor
The Power and Control You Need
The 4R has the power and control you need to run a wide range of attachments accurately and easily.
Take our incredible LoadMatch™ system, for instance. By automatically adjusting engine speed to engine load, LoadMatch makes stalling a thing of the past for less experienced operators – and even old hands.
- 36.2 kW diesel engine
- Hydrostatic Transmission Two-Pedal Automatic
- Standard 4-wheel-drive
- Category 1, 3-point hitch
Features & Specifications
- Updated performance tracking system accurately monitors key tractor systems and functions:
- Service ADVISOR™, diagnostic control center, that provides system status to the operator and allows easy access to John Deere technicians for diagnostics
- Digital speedometer
- Tractor hour meter
- Power take-off (PTO) hour meter
- Low fuel level warning light
- Regeneration tracking
- Fuel gauge
- Integrated automotive style lighting controls
- Large, easy-to-read dials providing the engine rpm, fuel level, and engine temperature at a glance
- Maintenance-free, light-emitting diode (LED) indicators that illuminate for the air filter restriction indicator, alternator, engine pre-heat (glow plugs), positive four-wheel drive (4WD) engagement, oil pressure, PTO engagement, park brake engagement, turn signal/warning lights, and cruise control
- Starter protection circuit that protects the starter against grinding
- Backlighting for excellent low-light visibility
- Cruise control indicator light
- 3-point hitch lever
- Rear PTO switch
- Selective control valve (SCV) loader joystick
- Third SCV control lever (optional)
- Right-hand console with cruise control switch as well as LoadMatch™, MotionMatch™ and SpeedMatch™ switches
- Optional field installed kits/switches
- A large cup holder is molded into the right-hand fender
- Range shift lever
- 4WD engagement lever
- Automotive-style park brake
- Differential lock pedal
- A toolbox is molded into the left-hand fender for quick and easy access to either tools or the operator’s manual
Regular service and maintenance are essential to the performance, productivity, and longevity of the tractor.
- Easy access to regular service points minimizes service time.
- Easily removable cowl and side panels, improved hood design, and integrated maintenance position on the grille provide easy accessibility for routine maintenance.
- Tractors are equipped with extensive onboard self-diagnostic capabilities and are fully compatible with John Deere’s exclusive Service ADVISOR™ system.
- Daily service requirements are minimal and simple to accomplish. Most service interval requirements can be performed with a basic understanding of procedures and common tools.
- Improved cost of ownership
- Hydraulic oil service interval changed from 400 to 1200 hours (or 3 years) when using Hy-Gard™ products
All items in the daily service schedule can be performed without the use of tools:
- Engine oil, hydraulic oil, coolant level, and the water separator can be conveniently accessed
- The engine can be easily accessed by simply raising the hood for more periodic maintenance checks
- A single-point latch mechanism and self-contained leash ensure easy hood opening and closure
NOTE: Always refer to the operator’s manual for complete maintenance and service recommendations.
The tractor is available with a three-range electronic hydrostatic (eHydro) transmission.
- Fluid under pressure transmits engine power to the drive wheels using a pump and motor
- Functions both as a clutch and transmission
- Provides high torque for startup
- Reduces powertrain shock loads
Sauer-Danfoss® supplies both the pump and motor. This ensures that the components are matched to each other, providing maximum efficiency.
The electronic hydrostatic transmission is ideally suited for jobs where productivity is a must, such as loader or mower applications.
Twin Touch™ foot controls allow the operator to select both directions of travel and speed with a touch of the toe.
Key features of the eHydro transmission:
- Infinitely variable ground speeds, in each range, allow the operator to match the speed of the tractor to the job.
- No clutching for fast and easy direction changes
- Twin Touch foot pedals for quick and easy forward/reverse operation
- Cruise control is standard equipment
- Cruise control switch is located on the right-hand console for easy access
- Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged, which allows for precise setting of speed
Sauer-Danfoss eHydro transmission is used for reliable operation. Durability features include:
- Large forged trunnion shaft with larger support bearings that reduce vibration and noise.
- Center section made from ductile iron (much stronger than grey iron used in many competitive transmissions).
- Transmission oil cooler cools transmission oil for longer transmission life.
Safety features of the eHydro transmission include:
- The tractor will start with one or both foot pedals depressed, but it will not move until both pedals first return to neutral
- Operator presence – the tractor will come to a stop if the operator leaves the seat but will not shut off unless the power take-off (PTO) is also running
KEY JOHN DEERE ADVANTAGE
John Deere’s Twin Touch foot controls offer several key advantages over competitive hydro model tractors.
- Some competitive hydrostatic tractors use a treadle pedal (toe-heel) design foot control for operation of the hydro
- Requires the operator to use both toe and heel to change direction, resulting in increased operator fatigue
INTEGRATED EHYDRO FEATURES
The eHydro convenience controls have been integrated into a single module. Combining features such as SpeedMatch™ LoadMatch™, MotionMatch™ eThrottle™(eThrottle 4066R only) and automotive style cruise control pulls the maximum efficiency out of the eHydro transmission tractors. All of these features are standard on the 4R models, and deliver customers an easier and more comfortable experience.
Press button to active/deactivate eThrottle. When eThrottle is activated, depression of the travel pedal increases engine RPM and tractor speed. (4066R only)
|Press button to active/deactivate LoadMatch. When LoadMatch is activated, engine will not stall during heavy load applications.|
|Press button to activate/deactivate SpeedMatch. When SpeedMatch is activated, operator is able to set the desired maximum travel speed.|
|Press button to activate/deactivate cruise control. When cruise control is activated, operator is able to set cruise speed.|
|Press button to set cruise speed, or to decrease cruise/set maximum speed.|
|Press button to resume set cruise speed, or to increase cruise/set maximum speed.|
|MotionMatch – longer accelerate and decelerate distances.|
|MotionMatch – shorter accelerate and decelerate distances.|
eThrottle (4066R only)
Press a button to activate/deactivate eThrottle. When eThrottle is activated, depression of travel pedal increases engine rpm and tractor speed simultaneously. This provides the operator with comfort and convenience as well as fuel economy.
AUTOMOTIVE-STYLE CRUISE CONTROL
An automotive-style cruise control is standard equipment on the 4R Series Tractors. Cruise control is electronically engaged and disengaged and is located on the right-hand operator console.
- Maintains desired forward speed without pressure on the foot pedal
- When activated, the operator is able to set cruise speed
- Use the SET/- button to set cruise speed, or to decrease cruise/max speed
- Use the RES/+ button to set cruise speed, or to increase cruise/max speed
- A speed sensor also allows the tractor to maintain preset speed driving up and down hills
- To disengage the cruise control, either:
- Apply pressure to the brakes
- Disengage cruise control button
- Briefly depress the reverse travel pedal
LOADMATCH POWER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
LoadMatch is a standard feature on the 4R Series Tractors.
If torque requirements increase significantly, the transmission will reduce the tractor’s drive speed to compensate for the increased load on the transmission, maximizing torque to drive wheels and minimizing stalls.
Controls automatically adjust LoadMatch compensation depending on the tractor’s application. PTO applications require less engine speed fluctuation, therefore adjusting the amount of droop depending on PTO speed. This adjustment increases efficiency and optimizes engine speed and torque output based on tractor application.
While typically left on, LoadMatch can be turned off with the right-hand console controls.
The MotionMatch, standard on the 4R Series Tractors, is located on the right-hand console. It offers seven settings for adjusting the rollout or decelerating when the pedal is released.
Longer accelerate and decelerate distances.
Shorter accelerate and decelerate distances.
Rotary tilling, aerating, or spraying applications are examples of where SpeedMatch can be applied. SpeedMatch will work in both the forward and reverse set speeds.
NOTE: Automotive-style cruise control and SpeedMatch can be used in conjunction with LoadMatch to maximize productivity.
Sauer-Danfoss is a trademark of Sauer-Danfoss Incorporated.
Built-in safety features for operator peace of mind
Safety is designed into all 4M and 4R Series Tractors.
- Operator presence system ensures the operator is in the seat to run the tractor
- If the operator leaves the seat when front or rear power take-off (PTO) is engaged, the engine shuts down.
- For stationary PTO work, the tractor must be in neutral and the park brake fully set.
- The rollover protective structure (ROPS) is designed for operation safety
- Reflective ROPS strips for better tractor visibility
- Key switch interlock prevents bypass starting
- Visual PTO warning light alerts operator when rear PTO is running
- Placing the transmission in neutral and setting the park brake allows operator to run rear PTO safely when off the tractor seat
- Light equipment fulfills EEC road homologation requirements. (NOTE: EEC road homologation requirements not applicable for Australia/New Zealand).
|Engine type||4 cylinder Diesel|
|Rated Engine (97/68/EC)||36.2 kW (49 hp) at 2600 rpm|
|Lift capacity||1420 kg (at lift points)|
|Hydraulic Flow||60.2 L/min|