Features & Specifications
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge, 0.11-in. (3.0-mm) steel:
- Full-length robotically welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
- One-piece fender deck is bolted to the frame.
Automatic transmission makes it easy to choose the exact travel speed for each operating condition
The automatic transmission allows the operator to easily choose the desired forward or reverse travel speed, simply by depressing a single foot pedal; this is similar to the way the driver of an automobile with automatic transmission changes speed when depressing the accelerator.
No matter whether a slow speed for trimming or faster speed for open-area mowing is desired, the operator can easily adjust, by how far the foot pedal is depressed.
With the brake pedal depressed and the forward/reverse lever in the center park or the forward position, the engine can be started. Once the engine is started, it is not necessary to use the brake pedal when selecting forward or reverse or when changing direction of travel. Simply move the forward/reverse lever to select travel direction, and then press the automatic foot pedal to choose from an infinite number of travel speeds.
With the automatic speed control pedal, the operator can choose from an infinite number of speeds forward or reverse:
- Forward: 0 to 5.5 mph (0 to 8.9 km/h)
- Reverse: 0 to 3.2 mph (0 to 5.1 km/h)
The Edge Cutting System has been trademarked to emphasize the advantages of the John Deere mower deck designs. They give the mower superior convenience, performance, and reliability.
The 42-in. (107-cm) two-spindle, three-in-one mower is constructed of 13 gauge, 0.090 in. (2.3 mm) steel for long life:
- Deep-deck mower design lifts grass for a clean, even cut.
- Smooth underside of mower prevents grass buildup and evenly disperses grass clippings.
- The rolled outer edge of the deck provides extra strength and protection.
- Dual-stage E-coat and powder paint coatings provide extra protection from rust.
- No tools are required to go from mulching to side discharge to rear bagging.
- Mulch cover is an optional attachment.
- High-performance mulch plug is an optional attachment.
The mower deck has a rolled lip to provide greater strength and protection.
The blade-to-spindle design provides a unique mounting system for the mower blade that gives extra safety and convenience.
A cut-and-throw 6.5-bu (229-L) rear bagger is sold separately.
MOWER WASH PORT
A wash port is provided to make cleaning the underside of the mower deck easy:
- A hose connector is included with mower deck.
STARLOCK™ BLADE DESIGN
The StarLock blade design keeps the blade bolt at the correct torque for easy removal.
Optional blades for difficult mulching or bagging conditions are available.
MOWER DECK HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT
Spring-assisted, low-effort lift lever simplifies setting and adjusting the mower cut height:
- Increments of 0.25-in. (0.64-cm) allow fine-tuning the cut height.
A 22-hp (16.4-kW) V-twin engine provides plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- V-twin cylinder design for greater torque, lower vibration, and improved sound quality
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeves for longer engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- Also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
No-tools oil drain valve provides easy access for oil changes.
A Kanzaki® Tuff Torq® hydrostatic transmission gives an infinite choice of speeds and makes changing the direction of travel easy:
- Automotive-type accelerator provides infinite speed selection for the ultimate in operator comfort and convenience.
- Pedals have a different shape and motion for easy identification and increased safety.
Appropriate transmissions are used in each model, depending on rear tire size and tractor performance requirements to ensure excellent performance and reliability:
- Tuff Torq TLT200A – D110, D125, D130
- Tuff Torq T40J – D140, D155
- Tuff Torq K46AC – D160, D170
STANDARD CRUISE CONTROL (D125, D130, D140, D155, D160, D170)
Easy-to-use cruise control option maintains the tractor’s speed for mowing larger areas:
- To engage, lift up on the cruise lever and hold it until your foot is removed from the forward pedal.
- To disengage, lightly press and then release the forward pedal.
- For emergency stops, cruise can be released by pushing on the brake pedal or pushing down on the cruise control lever.
Kanzaki is a trademark of Kanzaki Kokyukoki Manufacturing Company. Tuff Torq is a trademark of Tuff Torq Corporation.
|Engine Power||16.4 kW (22 hp)*|
|Transmission Control||Two-pedal foot controlled hydro|
|Chassis||Full-length welded steel|
|Steering Turning Radius||45.7 cm (18 in.)|
Our Newest Deck: Accel Deep™ Mower Deck
Excellent cut quality
Flat-top design enables clean flow of material throughout the deck and out of the discharge area. This prevents cut material from interfering with the cutting of incoming grass, allowing the blades to cut the material cleanly.
Deep, flat-top deck with a large discharge opening allows cut clippings to exit the mower deck with limited re-cutting, so more power is available for cutting and processing incoming grass.
Minimal recutting improves the mower’s capacity to maintain excellent mowing performance in difficult conditions and at higher speeds.
Smooth, flat-top deck stamping has few places for material to catch and collect on top of or underneath the deck, so the mower deck stays cleaner and is easier to clean when serviced.
Limited amount of recutting means less small pieces of grass clippings collect on the mower deck or the operator.
With the optional MulchControl attachment installed (along with the special mulching blades that are included), changing from side-discharge to mulching, or vice versa, is done with the simple flip of a lever.
Designed to ensure durability and many hours of trouble-free operation.
- 42A is stamped from 12-gauge, 2.7 mm (0.105 in.) steel and has a 16 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge Xtra™ 107 cm (42 in.) deck.
- 48A is stamped from 10-gauge, 3.4 mm (0.135 in.) steel and has a 23 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge Xtra 122 cm (48 in.) deck.
- 54A is stamped from 10-gauge, 3.4 mm (0.135 in.) steel and has a 3 percent heavier overall weight than the Edge Xtra 137 cm (54 in.) deck.
- Double-captured mower wheels for greater strength
- Low-tension belt-drive design for reduced bearing side-load
- Outer edge of the deck protection for strength and long life
- Easy-to-access spindle grease fittings with flip-up shields where applicable
- Dual-stage electrostatic-primer and powder-paint coatings to provide extra protection from rust