Features & Specifications
The solid one-piece frame is constructed of 12-gauge, 0.11-in. (3.0-mm) steel:
- Full-length robotically welded frame design has high-strength steel rails for added strength and long life.
- One-piece fender deck is bolted to the frame.
Automatic transmission makes it easy to choose the exact travel speed for each operating condition
The automatic transmission allows the operator to easily choose the desired forward or reverse travel speed, simply by depressing a single foot pedal; this is similar to the way the driver of an automobile with automatic transmission changes speed when depressing the accelerator.
No matter whether a slow speed for trimming or faster speed for open-area mowing is desired, the operator can easily adjust, by how far the foot pedal is depressed.
With the brake pedal depressed and the forward/reverse lever in the center park or the forward position, the engine can be started. Once the engine is started, it is not necessary to use the brake pedal when selecting forward or reverse or when changing direction of travel. Simply move the forward/reverse lever to select travel direction, and then press the automatic foot pedal to choose from an infinite number of travel speeds.
With the automatic speed control pedal, the operator can choose from an infinite number of speeds forward or reverse:
- Forward: 0 to 5.5 mph (0 to 8.9 km/h)
- Reverse: 0 to 3.2 mph (0 to 5.1 km/h)
The innovative design of the 92-cm (36-in.) Edge™ Rear-Discharge Deck combines the best features for reliability and superior performance when mowing and collecting grass and leaves:
- The mower deck is stamped from 2.7-mm (0.105-in.) steel to provide smooth contours for a quality appearance and excellent performance.
- With no side-discharge chute, the mower can trim on either side for mowing efficiency and convenience.
- A smaller storage area requirement is an additional benefit.
- A standard V-belt and non-timed blade design gives superior reliability and trouble-free operation.
- Offset mower blades permit blade overlap with the use of a standard V-belt drive.
- The blades cut cleanly without being able to contact each other.
- A heavy-duty V-belt and large spring-loaded idler pulley transfer power to the mower blades efficiently and reliably.
- Cut-height increments of 0.64 cm (0.25 in.) allow for operating the mower at the optimum cutting height.
- A quick-adjust deck-leveling system is provided to make keeping the deck properly adjusted easy.
The underside of the mower deck is contoured and free of obstructions to ensure optimum cutting and bagging performance:
- Grass clippings flow smoothly around the deck and up the chute into the hopper.
- Clipping buildup is minimized to ensure continued high-performance and easy cleanup.
- Special discharge blades (standard equipment) have a large wing to propel grass clippings up the chute and into the hopper.
- Mower fills and packs the 300-L (8.5-bu) hopper with a large volume of grass clippings and/or leaves.
Optional mulch plug (BG20698) easily installs in place of hopper:
- When collecting grass clippings and leaves is not desired, a mulch plug and mulching blades are available. The rear hopper can be easily removed and the mulch plug installed.
- Plug closes off opening on bottom of deck so material cannot enter the chute.
- Special mulch blades are provided to optimize mulching performance.
- The mulching blades will also provide excellent performance when used with the rear-discharge deflector and good performance for collecting. If collecting in heavy or wet conditions, it may be necessary to reinstall the standard bagging blades for optimum performance.
Exceptional mowing and bagging performance begins with the deep-deck design of the mower. The deck is 100-mm (3.9-in.) deep at the front and grows even deeper from front to rear to create a smooth transition into the chute.
A wash port is provided on the mower deck. It can be used to supply water to the underside of the mower deck so it can be easily cleaned after use:
- Wash port is designed for hose quick-connect fitting.
- Connect hose and operate the mower to clean.
- Using the wash port cleans bottom of deck and chute.
- Wash port works best if used immediately after the mowing job is completed.
- Operating the mower deck while the water is running removes grass clippings.
- Use of the wash port prevents buildup of material from affecting performance the next time the mower is used.
A hose-end adapter for the appropriate water hose to be used can be purchased locally for connection to the wash port.
Optional rear deflector (BG20822) easily installs in place of hopper:
- No tools required for installation
- Deflects clippings in an even pattern behind the tractor
A 6.85-kW at 3350 rpm single-cylinder engine has plenty of power and torque to handle tough mulching, mowing, and bagging conditions:
- Electronic ignition for fast starts
- Cast-iron sleeve for long engine life
- Overhead valves for excellent power and fuel economy
- Anti-vibration system
- Full-pressure lubrication and oil filter for cleaner oil, prolonging engine life and extending the time between oil changes
- Also more effective when operating the tractor on an incline
- Large fuel filter for trouble-free operation
No-tools oil-drain valve provides easy access for oil changes.
The large-capacity, rear-mounted hopper makes collecting grass and leaves easy. The rear design allows excellent maneuverability when mowing.
The 300-L (8.5-bu) capacity hopper holds a lot of material for longer mowing times between emptying. Emptying the hopper is easily accomplished from the operator’s seat.
The durable plastic bottom will last a long time, even when operating in rougher conditions.
When the hopper is full, a light on the dash will come on and an audible alarm will sound, to alert the operator to disengage the power take-off (PTO).
- When there is enough material in the hopper to activate the sensing switch, it simultaneously turns on the dash-mounted hopper full indicator light and an audible alarm.
- This reduces the potential for plugging the system.
- The hopper must be full, with enough material to activate the hopper-full switch, to activate the hopper-full indicator and alarm.
When the hopper is removed, a safety interlock switch will prevent the mower deck from operating unless the rear deflector or mulch plug is installed, however the engine will run and the tractor will operate so the rear hitch can be used.
The hopper is emptied by pulling up, then forward, on the hopper handle. Using the leverage of the long handle, pull forward hard enough to overcome the spring-loaded hopper latch and rotate the hopper upward.
The hopper latch is easily adjustable for operator preference and conditions:
- The spring can be located in any of three holes.
- More latching effort is required for hilly or rough operating conditions.
The hopper is easily removed from the tractor by using the rear handle to raise the back of the hopper 25 degrees, or about 13 cm (5 in.), and then using both handles to lift the hopper vertically out of the notches in the mounting brackets:
- No tools are required.
- There is nothing to disconnect.
When the hopper is removed from the tractor, it allows use of additional tractor features including:
- Optional rear deflector
- Optional mulch plug
- Rear implement hitch
- Tow-release lever
|Recommended Mowing Area||Up to 3000 m²|
|Cutting Width||92 cm (36 in.)|
|Engine Power||6.85 kW at 3350 rpm|
|Speed||Up to 8.9 km/h Forward|