The Z915E is powered by an air-cooled, vertical shaft engine:
- 25.0-hp (18.6-kW) gas engine
Engine features include:
- Overhead valve design
- More horsepower and torque per cubic inch of displacement
- Better fuel efficiency
- Full-pressure lubrication with full-flow filter
- Reduces engine wear by ensuring proper lubrication, even when operating on hillsides or uneven terrain
- Oil filter helps keep oil clean for increased engine life
- V-twin big block design
- Vertical shaft
- Easy-access dual element air filter with quick release latch
- 15-amp alternator
- Fuel pump
- Complies with strict EPA and CARB emission standards without loss of horsepower or torque
- Aluminum block engines
- Effectively dissipate heat
- Lightweight and strong construction
- Extend engine life due to elimination of debilitating engine temperatures
- Air-cooled engine design
The hydrostatic drive features two 13-cc unitized hydraulic pumps combined with commercial-grade, heavy-duty wheel motors into a single unit.
One pump and one motor drive each wheel on the ZTrak E and M Series Mowers. This provides several benefits:
- Exceptional cooling in high load conditions
- Easy-to-check level and refill hydraulic oil
- Opens up access under the seat
On every John Deere ZTrak mower deck there are three 1-in. (2.5-cm) spindles that are cold-forged and heat-treated for strength without bulk. The spindles are supported by precision ball bearings, providing great performance and reliability.
The spindle housing is made of aircraft-grade ribbed cast aluminum. This unique casting design embosses reinforcing gussets in the housing, which adds both strength and cooling surface area that stands up to commercial applications.
These spindles can be greased from the top and require no disassembly to reach. Grease channels provide lubrication to both bearings.
The ZTrak™ E Series is equipped with a side-discharge 7-Iron PRO mower deck.
7-Iron II mower decks have demonstrated quality, performance, and durability. It delivers a high quality cut in diverse conditions.
Key features of the 7-Iron II mower deck:
- Deck is stamped from 7-gauge, 0.179-in. (4.6-mm) steel to minimize the number of welds and provide a smooth underside, with fewer sharp corners, for reduced material buildup.
- Significantly fewer welds on the deck shell to wear or break- it is stamped from a single sheet of steel rather than multiple fabrications. Anti-skid pad on the deck provides for easy machine mounting.
- High blade tip speed – 18,500 fpm (5,639 m/min) for more blade cuts per inch mowed.
- A deep-deck design of 5.5 in. (14 cm) delivers excellent airflow so material can be processed quickly and efficiently.
- The wide and high discharge opening provides even clipping dispersal for an excellent finished appearance in all conditions.
- Deck has rectangular leading deck edge reinforcement and the rounded corners of the stamped deck help distribute impact stress to reduce the potential of damage when the mower contacts trees, rocks, curbs, and other fixed obstacles.
- Dual-captured anti-scalp wheels on the front of the deck provide flotation over even the toughest terrain.
- Three 1-in. (2.54-cm) cold-forged spindles are heat-treated for strength without bulk and are supported by ball bearings, providing reliability and performance; spindle housings are ribbed cast aluminum providing both excellent strength and heat dissipation.
- The front edge is raised above the blade plane to allow even cutting of tall grass and reinforced with a square bar for durability. The front baffle has been designed to better manage airflow and control clippings.
- Three greasable spindle zerks accessible from the top.
- Blade overlap is 1.6 in. (40 mm), nearly 0.79 in. (20 mm) greater than previous decks, to reduce striping between blades.
- Quick-change cutting-height adjustment.
7-IRON II MOWER DECK
The Z915E is available with a choice of mower decks:
- 48 in. (122 cm)
- 54 in. (137 cm)
- 60 in. (152 cm)
These mower decks use a vertical-shaft engine; the clutch is located on the bottom of the engine with the belt extending from the clutch to the deck and is turned on/off by an electromagnetic clutch.
E AND M SERIES THREE-YEAR/1200 HOUR BUMPER-TO-BUMPER WARRANTY
An exclusive two-year/unlimited hour, three-year/1200-hour (whichever comes first) bumper-to-bumper warranty is standard for all John Deere E and M Series Mowers. The warranty is best in class and places John Deere at the forefront of commercial mowing. It is also hassle free, with one company handling all of the paperwork.
36 months or 1200 hour, whichever comes first. First 24 months, no hour limitation.
R SERIES THREE-YEAR/1500 HOUR BUMPER-TO-BUMPER WARRANTY
An exclusive two-year/unlimited hour, three-year/1500-hour (whichever comes first) bumper-to-bumper warranty is standard on all John Deere R Series mowers. The warranty is best in the industry and puts John Deere at the forefront of commercial mowing. It is also hassle free, with one company handling all of the paperwork.
36 months or 1500 hour, whichever comes first. First 24 months, no hour limitation.
There are two seating options available on the E Series. The deluxe comfort seat is standard on all Z900 Series models. In addition, there is an isolation seat option that is available on the E Series which reduces vibration and increases operator comfort. The isolation seat is factory installed if the machine is ordered with that seat.
The seat slide features fore and aft dampening when used with both the base deluxe comfort seat and the isolation seat option:
- Enhanced ride quality
- Reduced operator fatigue
|Deck Sizes||122 cm (48 in.) |
137 cm (54 in.)
152 cm (60 in.)
|Engine Power||18.6 kW (25 hp*)|