John Deere RSX 860i
Recreational Utility Vehicle
The Gator™ RSX860i has the performance and handling to treat tight off-road turns on back country trails, or around the farm, as if they are nothing at all, with power and speed to match.
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Four-wheel independent suspension
- Towing capacity 544 kg
- Cargo box capacity 181 kg
Features / Extra's
The Gator™ RSX High-Performance Series Utility Vehicles are equipped with rack and pinion steering with optional power steering, and a dual A-arm front suspension. These automotive-type systems exhibit excellent handling characteristics, as well as responsive steering and low steering effort.
AUTOMOTIVE-TYPE RACK AND PINION STEERING FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Anti-kickback feature reduces the amount of steering unwinding when traversing difficult terrain.
- The system is speed sensing and adjusts steering effort as the speed of the vehicle changes.
- As speed increases there is less steering assist for improved road feel.
- As speed decreases steering assist increases to give lower steering efforts for improved maneuverability.
- A warning/functional light on the instrument panel provides self-diagnostics and a warning light in the situation of no assist.
- Torque sensor measures steering wheel input so the on-board computer can provide the appropriate output for various driving situations.
- Steel ball-bearings secure the steering shaft and delivers smooth, responsive operation
- Tight turn radius of 12.3 ft (3.7 m) for excellent maneuverability
- Completely sealed rack-and-pinion for long life
- Low steering ratio (lock-to-lock steering wheel rotations) provides more responsive steering and less operator input
- Shaft U-joints are phased for a smooth, uninterrupted motion of the steering wheel
- Ackerman steering design provides more responsive steering, decreases tire wear when used on hard surfaces and is turf friendly (see description below)
- Minimal bump steer eliminates unintended vehicle direction changes when traversing terrain and permits less feedback to the steering wheel (see description below)
Having the utility vehicles pre-wired for a winch from the factory greatly reduces the winch install time.
Components included in the winch-ready chassis factory installed:
- Winch wiring harness
- Negative winch battery cable
- Winch disconnect wiring harness
John Deere’s utility vehicle warranty gives the operator confidence from bumper to bumper. The model year 2016 Gator ™ RSX860i joins the rest of the current utility vehicle lineup with a 12-month or 1000-hour warranty. This gives assurance the RSX860i will be ready when it is needed the most.
Delivers exhilarating acceleration and provides a top speed of 60 mph (97 km/h)
The RSX860i is powered by a 0.03 cu ft (839-cm3), V-twin, four-cycle motorcycle gasoline engine. It produces 62 hp* and 59.5 lb-ft of torque (80.6 Nm). The advanced electronic controls and fuel-injection systems deliver superb starting, idling, and throttle response during operation.
The engine offers the following performance and reliability features:
- Delivers exhilarating acceleration for a gravity-defying experience
- 60-mph (97-km/h) top speed
- Mounted transversely under the seats for a low center of gravity and more equal weight distribution between the front and rear axles
- Closed-loop electronic fuel injection for superb performance, instant throttle response, consistent performance at high altitude, and hassle-free cold-weather starting (tested to -20°F, or -29°C)
- Dual oxygen sensors provide a more accurate air-to-fuel ratio balance between cylinders, increasing ability to start and overall engine performance
- Engine control unit (ECU) cutout to protect critical drive components when the wheel speed far exceeds the vehicle speed
- Liquid cooled for quieter operation and optimal performance
- Four-valve-per-cylinder design provides greater efficiency and fuel economy
- Dry sump oiling system
- More efficiently lubricates the engine resulting in more available horsepower over a conventional wet sump design
- Oil tank is more easily accessible for checking and filling the oil
- Allows for the engine to be mounted low in the vehicle to lower the center of gravity
- Oil cooler in front of radiator to help keep engine oil at lower operating temperatures
- Full-pressure lubrication system
- Spin-on oil filter with drain bracket and oil drain valve enable easy servicing
- High-flow air filter
- Utilizes nano fiber technology to increase the efficiency of the filtration without sacrificing horsepower
- See-through coolant recovery tank permits the operator to check the coolant level without having to remove the radiator cap
- Sealed radiator compartment keeps trash and debris on the outside of the grille
- 450-watt maximum magneto charging system
- Auto-start electronic ignition system optimizes ECU inputs for easy starting
- Electronic ignition is continuously variable for optimum engine power and provides fast, reliable starts
- Exhaust system design
- Large-diameter header pipes optimized for maximum horsepower output collect in high-volume muffler
- Full stainless steel for longevity under severe loading and heat
- Additional heat wrap ensures heat dissipation through the tail pipe
- Spark-arresting muffler is USFS approved
- Large 7.4-gal. (28-L) fuel tank
*Engine horsepower is provided by the engine manufacturer to be used for comparison purposes only. Actual operating horsepower will be less. Refer to the engine manufacturer’s website for additional information.
BUILD-TO-ORDER OPTIONS AVAILABLE
The RSX860i can be configured the way the operator wants it. The build-to-order vehicles start with a choice of two different chassis:
- Base chassis: no power steering, not winch ready. The vehicle can still be configured with the choice of colors, wheel/tires, seats, shocks and protection components.
- Power steering chassis: power steering, winch ready. Configurable with choice of colors, wheel/tires, seats, shocks, winch and protection components.